Terrafirma’s Managing Director Paul Geraets has been building exclusively in rammed earth since 1992 and is a Licensed Building Practitioner for Design area of practice 2 – for category 1 and 2 buildings.
buildings are single household dwellings with low- or medium-risk envelope design.
buildings are single household dwellings with high-risk envelope design, or other buildings with a building height* less than 10 m
Paul often consults to and with architects, designers, engineers, owners and builders on rammed earth construction.
His experience and practical know-how in this specialised industry enables him to offer advice on how to plan your project efficiently and solve problems effectively including:
- identifying projects goals
- construction cost estimate
- input on feasibility studies
- assisting in selection of professionals
- contribution to preliminary design
- working with design teams and engineers
- develop buildable components and construction details
- consultation on labour issues.